Monday, November 28, 2022


 Not sure why I'm thinking about Kipp today but he is foremost in my mind. Kipp is 12 and has been with me for 9 years now and came to me as a promised working dog. He doesn't. Kipp is one of three dogs that escaped the Tubbs fire with me in 2017. When he was three he was found running lose in Napa California and had been lose for at least a month. His owner did not want him back. He spent a month in the Napa pound and had become kennel sour. He was on the kill list and was rescued at the last minute by a friend who worked on him for a month before realizing the wouldn't work out with her dogs. When Lynne and I met him he ran in wide circles around us for some time and eventually came and sat beside me. I guess I saw a little of me in him having a rough start in life and we became friends. Kipp has been my therapy dog in many ways and I'm grateful to have him in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment